petek, 19. julij 2013

European championship in Chamonix

Championships are definitely special kind of competitions. Not just because they are placed every second year, (or third as this one), but also, because there is only one chance. No place for mistakes, no chance for second go. You need to be than and there ready to do your best :). And that is the beauty and charm of championships.

This time, (thinking backward), I have maybe made too much expectations from myself in my mind. I knew and believed, that I have made really good training, everything went so well and I expected from myself only one and the best. But – maybe it was not the best kind of decision...

I still topped both qualification routes. And also semifinals. Overall, 2nd place and silver medal on European champion is very good and nice achievement! Anyway my best from championships :). But looking trough the climbing and inner satisfaction, for me it is one of those competitions, that leaves you kind of empty. There is still a bitter felling, that in finals I finished quite too soon. Not tired or pumped and without a fight as I wanted to be... But, I think I am not the only one, who finished final round quite too soon.

By girls, first place went to Dinara Fahratdinova, who definitely showed great climb and all congratulations to her! Also congratulations to Helen Janicot for 3rd and team mate Maja Vdmar for 4th place ...

Talking about Championships, this one is over and there will be next one and new opportunity in two years... But for climbing, and climb for myself, there will be other chances. Already today, tomorrow and day after. And when it comes to competitions, already in Briancon next weekend, where lead World cup circuit of 2013 will start.

See you there! :)

Thanks everyone for support and following.
There will be more news soon, so stay tuned ...

1 komentar:

  1. Hi Mina, you went very well. I was in Chamonix watching the finals, and liked your style :)

    Some pictures of your climb can be found in my album here:
    https://plus.google.com/106346103000894582144/posts/UHLZa5RTQTZ

    Best!

    OdgovoriIzbriši