ponedeljek, 22. julij 2013

WC Briancon - 2nd place

This year lead world cup stared quite late and it's first stage was last weekend in very nice small town – Briancon. It was first lead world cup in this year, so I was very excited to join it! :)
As you could maybe noticed from my previous posts, this time I really just wanted to enjoy, climb well and put everything else out of my head. Because I know, that trainings in last month(s) were good and that I am in good shape.

In qualifications I have topped both routes, although that I have still climbed quite stressed. But in semifinals there was another story. I really enjoy the route, climb as I know and finished on provisional 1st place on the way to the final. (ok, I still see, that I did some mistakes and stupid power-taking clipping(s), that caused me few more moves or even way to the top, but still - ok).
 
In finals, I have found route quite easier almost all the way to the top. But just a move before the top I had a bit of problems. On last two holds, just when I wanted to prepare for last last move and be sure, that I will made it, my left hand slip out of hold. Suprisingly, I caught on a hold backward and wanted to do the move again ... But, probably too much damage were made in psychological and physical conditions in that moment :) So, I just slipped out of the wall from last two holds again … :'(
Korean Ja-In Kim finished the route as only one and celebrated deserved victory - all congratulations! :) On podium and 3rd place also this time for young Helen Janicot.
By man there were interesting show to watch too - Ramon Julian Puigblanque and last year's WC's winner Sachi Amma. both climbed really nice, almost all the way to the top, but this time Ramon showed a bit more.
All (and more) foto: Slovenija climbing team
It was also pleasure to watch young Slovenian climber Domen Škofic made it into finals and finish on really good 4th place! and one of best Slovenian man's lead results on WC's ever!

Now, there will be a bit more than a week long break from comps.
Little time for relax and do some nice trainings at home :)
But, already on 1st of August I am going to next destination – World games in Cali (columbina)

See you there! ;)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar